Grace for another day


    Websters definition of Grace is unmerited, divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification. I prefer a second definition, seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, like when you watch an ice skater "grace" across the ice. That is the grace I look for each day. Beginner ice skaters wear "bunga pads" for protection when they fall, and they will fall. Grace is  my bunga pad because I fall everyday. Everyday I come very short of the glory of God. Most days I get frustrated, feel like there isn't enough time in the day and hardly finish the things I start. I fuss about school work getting finished and messes being made. People are always watching you, like it or not. I want to make loving and serving others look beautiful, effortless and charming. I don't want to "fake it til I make it".  I want to spend time, First seeking the Kingdom of God and then Him adding all He is unto me. It's His grace that will make all I do seem effortless. It isn't always easy, but with God's grace, it's always worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment