The Art of Marriage ~ Part 1

    My husband and I went to the Art of Marriage seminar this weekend in our area. It was phenomenal! It was just Friday evening and most of Saturday. It was a 6-session video seminar. You never know what to expect. Was it going to be like sitting in a class, who likes lectures, raise your hands. It wasn't like that at all. It was teaching us how God created this institution to reflect His image and His love. Our intimacy is to glorify God through our oneness.
     At the end of each section, we answer questions that prompted conversations we hadn't even thought to talk about. How God has a purpose and plan for us? What it really means to be committed? It makes you question, if there are areas of your marriage that you have drifted apart or are there areas of conflict in your life and how do you connect again.
     By Adam and Eve rejecting God, our relationship, intimacy and unity with God was broken. Sin now infects and affects everyone. The result of that sin was 3-part:  
  • Pain in work
  • Pain in childbirth
  • Pain in marriage relationships
Instead of completing each other, they were competing with each other. They were blaming each other. There is still that spiritual battle going on in marriages today.
    The whole seminar pointed us to God and having Him in the center. That is what every marriage needs. We must learn how to resist the natural drift of isolation in marriage, and take responsibility of our own sins and ask forgiveness. We must realize the sacrifice of Jesus and walk in His Holy Spirit to live in peace with others and stay close to our spouses.

Have you asked Jesus to come and live in your heart?
Have you asked the Holy Spirit to fill you?

If you haven't please say this prayer.
      Dear Father, I now believe that Jesus Christ is Your only begotten Son, that He came to our earth in the flesh and died on the cross to take away all my sins and the sins of this world. I believe the Jesus Christ then rose from the dead on the third day to give all of us eternal life. Lord Jesus, I now confess to You all the wrong and sinful things that I have ever done in my life. I ask that You please forgive me and wash away all my sins by the blood that You have personally shed for me on the cross. I am now ready to accept You as my personal Lord and Saviour. I now ask that You come into my life and live with me for all eternity. Father, Jesus- I now believe that I am truly saved and born again.

 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

No comments:

Post a Comment